(as of Aug 30,2020 10:57:46 UTC – Details)
– Kalimar Petitt, Recruiting Manager, IMDb (an Amazon subsidiary)
Finally, a resume book created for IT professionals! Whether you’re looking for your first IT job, or you’re a veteran with years of information technology experience, this book has everything you need.
In How to Write an Amazing IT Resume, you’ll discover:
- What information to include in your IT resume header (and what to leave off!)
- How to get your resume past the automated screener
- Why hiring managers like candidates who wear more than one hat (and how to show that kind of versatility)
- Specific ways to show that you meet the IT recruiter’s checklist
- How to write an impressive IT career summary (that short paragraph at the top of your resume)
- Why stealing bullet points from other resumes doesn’t work (and how to build your own instead!)
- How to turn basic bullet points into hooks (and 24 real-world IT examples of initial bullets transformed into attention-grabbing hooks)
- Ways to submit your IT resume that will increase your chance of landing an interview
- How to demonstrate well-roundedness, that elusive quality that IT hiring managers really notice
This invaluable career guide also includes:
- 13 outstanding examples of career summaries for almost every type of IT job
- A comprehensive skills list with over 160 technical, management, business, and life skills
- 120 impact verbs you can use to start your bullet points
- Resume grammar rules and formatting guidelines
- A proofreading checklist so you don’t get torpedoed by common mistakes
How to Write an Amazing IT Resume also contains a dedicated chapter for each core type of IT job. In each of these chapters, we explain exactly what you need to do to sell yourself for that type of job.
- IT business analysts
- Technical analysts
- Developers / Programmers
- Web designers
- IT consultants
- Helpdesk technicians
- Systems administrators
- Network architects
- Software engineers
- IT managers and directors
When it comes to resume writing, there is a mountain of misinformation out there. Many other books (and blogs) contain out-of-date, irrelevant, or just plain poor advice. You can try your luck elsewhere. OR you can read this book, which walks through the whole process from A to Z and is endorsed by numerous IT hiring managers and recruiters.
Why not take the next step in your information technology career right now? A resume might be the most important thing you ever write. Order this book today.
tags: how to write a resume, CV writing, resume writing, IT interviewing, job hunting, software development, IT consulting, job search, find a job, career guide, IT management