Chartered in 1963, the city of Coral Springs is a 30-minute trip northwest of Fort Lauderdale and is also easily accessible from Miami and Pompano Beach. Aside from the great spots scattered all over the city, its strategic location from the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport and the Port Everglades intensifies its reputation as a certified visitor-magnet. Here are other quick facts that you should know about this wonderful city in the South Florida region.
- It is recognized by Money Magazine and CNNMOney.com among the best places to live in the United States.
- Coral Springs is a desirable city for young people being it a multiple recipient of America’s Promise as one of the 100 Best Cities for Young People.
- It is a promising city that endures both technology and nature. Would you believe that it maintains 50 various parks for recreational purposes while the city’s tallest building is only 12 stories high?
- The city upholds high health services for its residents. The 200-bed Coral Springs Medical Center ranked in the upper 2% out of 9000 surveyed hospitals.
- It sustains a progressive and vibrant economy fit for the establishment of businesses and for the thriving of a dynamic work force. Standard & Poor’s noted above-average wealth levels in the city. Low unemployment rate also contributes to its economic progress.
- Governance and administration in the city is in great shape. Coral Springs has been a two-time recipient of the Florida Sterling Award for Excellence in Administration.
- Occupying 945000 square feet of retail space is Coral square – the city’s largest shopping mall which has been in service since October of 1984.
- Contributing to economic advancement through its taxes and the jobs it generates is Alliance Entertainment – the largest company with headquarters in the city.
- High quality education is a priority of the city. There are 12 elementary schools, 4 middle schools, and 3 high schools within Coral Springs. Their A’s and high comprehensive assessment test scores are proofs that they are centers of excellence. There are also 5 private elementary schools/middle schools and 5private high schools serving the city.
- Despite absence of any professional team, sports is still a dynamic sector with the presence of 25 amateur teams for different sports.
- Coral Springs is the only place in the world where McDonald’s has no golden arches. The reason: city codes forbid the use of large signs.
- Among the city’s business, UPS has the most branches with 27 followed by FedEx with 23. However, majority of the industries in the city belongs to the construction segment at 10%. 7% of the residents have jobs relevant to sales while 6% have management duties.
- It boasts of a very refreshing air quality with its air quality index (AQI) determined to be better than average at 23.0.
- It is a very busy tourist hub served by 6 shopping centers, 15 supercenters, 359 grocery stores, and about 1400 full-service restaurants.
With these facts, it isn’t an astonishing fact at all why many individuals have chosen to call the city as their paradise. Talk to your friendly Coral Springs realtor now and know the latest homes for sale. One of them might just suit your preferences and needs!